Salted Brown Butter
This is such an easy recipe - and more than likely, you already have everything you need. Thanks to How Sweet It Is for providing the original recipe - Alison has been making this recipe ever since Jessica first posted it!
- 2 pinches of ASW Flake Salt
- 1 stick of butter
- Put the butter in the pan and sprinkle 2 pinches of salt over the top of it.
- Turn your burner to medium and constantly whisk.
- Do not stop whisking, ever. Don’t even think about walking away.
- Keep whisking until you see little brown drops appear at the bottom of the pan.
- As soon as you see the brown bits, immediately remove your pan from the burner - but keep whisking!!
- Keep whisking for another few minutes, whisk for as long as the brown bits keep coming. Your butter is still cooking, even though it’s not directly on the heat anymore.
- Your sweet and salty treat is ready to add to anything you want to put butter on and in!
There’s no need to rush this, it’s a quick process. The higher the heat and less you whisk, the more likely you will burn the butter. Not only will that stink up your kitchen, but it’s a waste of salt! Also, I usually keep the butter on the counter until it has cooled off. I stir it occasionally as well, so that the brown bits get mixed around and don’t stay at the bottom. Keep it in the fridge!